Ekkula Pearl Of Africa Tourism Awards
Ekkula is a Ugandan word implying Treasure, Pearl of Africa stands to imply the most elegant Nation on this majestic Continent of Africa. Tourism Awards is an activity where stakeholders in the tourism industry are recognised and awarded accordingly.
Ekkula PAT Awards and Exhibition is an annual activity that Researches, Nominates, Exhibits, Recognises and Awards those that selflessly put Uganda’s tourism to admirable heights. These will include both Ugandans and non-Ugandans.
The idea of Exhibiting, Recognising and hence Awarding those that selflessly serve for the good of this Industry was birthed from a number of reasons as stipulated below,
· Need for Motivation to key players both known and Unsung heroes like investors, tour guides, tour and travel companies, photographers among others.
· Having a sense of unity as stakeholders meet to cheer up as we celebrate the cream of the cream in the Pearl of Africa and East Africa’s Tourism industry.
· The presence of other Tourism Awards like World Tourism Awards, African Diaspora World Tourism Awards and Expo, Indaba Travel Awards of South Africa among others motivated us to come up with Ekkula PAT Awards & Exhibition, which is to happen for the 3rd time in Uganda and so believed to inspire others.
From these reasons, adequate research has been made to conduct these Exhibitions and Awards with collaboration and guidance from the Ministry of Tourism Wildlife and Antiquities and its Agencies.
How We Judge
Proposed Criteria of Awarding
· Our Scouting team will carry out a ground work survey both online and on social media together with reviews and advice from the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities and its relevant Agencies.
· Then a report of proposed nominees will be handed over to the Panel of Judges and later notified and announced to the public for online voting.
· Voting will be through our online website and sms platform which will account for 50% of the votes and the remaining 50% will be upon the Judges.
Judges base their verdict on the following;
· If the facility/Stakeholder promotes Uganda as a top tourist destination alongside his/her/its private facility or services.
· The Stakeholder’s/Facility’s level of service to Tourists.
· How the facility/stakeholder gives back to the community.
· How the facility/stakeholder impacts the community positively.
· Does the stakeholder/facility promote domestic tourism as much as international tourism?
· Ethics and professionalism exhibited by the facility/Stakeholder.
· Feedback and reviews from visitors from notable travel websites like trip advisor among others.